Nutrition is the bottom of the fitness pyramid – the foundation for ALL of your fitness.
“Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat.” -Greg Glassman
- Non-Starchy Vegetables
- Animal Protein: hormone, antibiotic-free and range fed if possible.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Coconut Butter, Butter or Ghee (all organic): Your body needs these fats.
- Raw Nuts and Seeds: Consumed daily as a snack or added to salads, etc. Limit quantity to a handful.
- Fresh, Raw Fruit: 0-4 servings/day. Reduce/eliminate with cancer, diabetes – or if weight loss is your goal.
- Grain Products: NO WAY, GET OUTTA HERE. Breads, pastas, bagels, cereals, crackers, corn, beans, etc. are all no-nos.
- Dairy: an inflammatory for most people
- Sugar, artificial sugars, alcohol: 1-5 times/month (combined)
- Soy: Nope
“There is no treatment or drug which can overcome or negate the effects of a poor diet, inadequate nutrition, lack of exercise and an unhealthy lifestyle.” – David Getoff